Easy vegan french crepes. They are so light, thin and crispy on the edges, so delicious! These French crepes are are very easy to make, they are made from ingredients that everyone has on hand. They have been one of our family favourite breakfasts for years. I hope you will enjoy the recipe 🙂
Crepes have been one of our family favourite breakfasts for a long time. Years ago when I started making breakfast at home, the one of the first things my hubby had me to make for him was french crepes as he grew up eating crepes in France. And I knew that homemade crepes were going to have to be part of my repertoire.
Crepes require a bit of practice, it took me many tries to have it mastered.
There are a few tricks you need to know when making crepes;
- You need a smooth batter, use a blender or try to whisk all the lumps as much as possible.
- You also need a right non-stick pan. Heat your pan before greasing and grease it really well.
- Remove hot pan from heat and immediately pour the batter and swirl batter around the pan. Batter will start cooking the moment it’s in the pan so you have only a few seconds to swirl it all around to cover the bottom.
- Then return pan to heat. Leave to cook until you see the edges start to crisp up and turning brown. Then loosen with a spatula and flip. And cook until spottily brown on the other side.
Making crepes takes a little bit of practice, but you’ll be a pro after knocking out 2 or 3 of crepes 🙂
And here comes the fun part! You can fill your crepes with just about anything. My hubby prefers his crepes to be plain, my son likes to have jam and coconut whipped cream with his crepes. And the way I like them best is to serve with maple syrup with fresh fruits.
Vegan French crepes
These French crepes are so delicious, light, thin and crispy on the edges. They are very easy to make with just 6 simple ingredients. They have been one of our family favourite breakfasts for years.
- 1 3/4 cups flour gluten-free or regular flour
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened soy milk or almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp sweetener maple syrup or reglar sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Pinch of salt
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and bubbly. Transfer to a bowl.
Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Grease the pan really well.
Remove pan from heat. Pour a small ladleful of batter in the pan and swirl the pan around to evenly coat the bottom with the batter.
Return the pan to heat. Leave to cook until you see the edges start to crisp up and turning brown. Then loosen with a spatula and flip. And cook until spottily brown on the other side.
Serve straight with fillings and toppings of choice