Hello and happy Sunday!
Vegan Raspberry Spelt Cake with Coconut whipped cream
This raspberry spelt cake is simply amazing, it's baked with a mix of spelt and white flour. It's so moist and delicious with juicy raspberry. A wonderful treat to enjoy on a Sunday afternoon with your family and friends.
- 2 cups organic spelt flour @ceresorganics
- 1/2 cup organic while flour @ceresorganics
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar @ceresorganics
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil @ceresorganics
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 can full fat coconut milk chilled in the fridge overnight
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar @ceresorganics
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberry & strawberry
Preheat oven to 180 celsius. Grease a 8 inch baking pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cane sugar.
Pour in milk, coconut oil, vanilla and mix to combine. Add apple cider vinegar and use a spatula to fold in the raspberry just until evenly dispersed. Transfer batter to the prepared pan, bake for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. .
Remove cake from oven and let cool to room temperature.
Coconut whipped cream
Chill your mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 20 minutes before whipping
Remove the thick and hardened coconut cream from the can and transfer to your mixing bowl, leaving any excess moisture/coconut water in the can.
Using a whisk attachment, beat on medium high for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy and soft peaks form. Scrape down the bowl, add coconut sugar and continue beating for another 2 minutes.
When the cake is completely cold, spread the coconut whipped cream over the top of the cake and decorate with the berries.